In a very surprising and positively moving gesture, Svetlana from Maverickbird nominated A Traveller’s Odysseys for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Svetlana is a loving mother, a pro photographer, a biker, a hippie at heart, solo female traveler from India and one of my favorite travel bloggers. Her stories and experiences from round the world have always inspired more wanderlust in me while the text in her story itself inspires me to write better. Ohh, and yes, I always admire the frequency of her posts; while my blog appears like the homework notebooks of backbenchers club, hers is of an ace leader, frequently updated, haha! Coming from you Sveta, it is very heart warming but at the same time I would say, it is totally the other way around.
As per the rules, I am to mention seven things about myself. Luckily, I was also planning to write a post on things about myself, so seven or not, here are they:
- Most of my friends know but still I am always asked, so to clarify: I have a regular desk job at a reputed McGraw Hill Financials firm and most of my travels have been managed on weekends while some on holidays or leaves clubbed with weekends. ( 😉 )
- It will be a big surprise but I don’t own a camera at the moment and my laptop has also been behaving weirdly for some time now. The world needs more friends like Vivek and Sumeet. Cheers guys! ( 🙂 )
- Again might be a surprise, but as much as I love writing, I also dread it. The writing ceremony for me works something like this: Think the points to mention in mind for 2 to 3 days, write the piece down in 20-30 mins in the end, and then refine it for another handful of days. Working on it!
- I love to read books, the kind which leave me with some thoughts to ponder upon. My favorite genre include non fiction, historical fiction, smart market oriented, autobiographies and the classics and the favorite authors include Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Ayn Rand, Salman Rushdie and Wilbur Smith. Besides these, International Relations comes in my favorite subjects’ list.
- I love to read and study history and I often try to relate the present as a consequence of the situations and the actions taken on them in the past.
- I am still struggling to get my dear, amazing, awesome, super awesome, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (etc.), and wonderful parents to get on board with my solo riding. Mama, Papa, please note the number of adjectives used, I have more also, just in case. ( 🙂 )
- My father loves traveling (it’s in the genes!), and thanks to him, we have been traveling since forever. Just that only recently when I started working as an IT Professional, I started exercising my interest in traveling in a more pronounced fashion and arrived at the idea of documenting my travels.
- Being truthful, I will say touring on bikes isn’t always safe, especially on Indian highways and I have been no exception to that, having faced my share of not-so -healthy experiences as well. But of course, riding with full gear helps a ton, a mega ton! And talking of safety, nothing is full proof safe anyway, yes?
- I absolutely love love sitcoms (all!), humorous videos, Ellen Degeneres’ shows, stand ups, YouTube channels based on humor… well you got the idea! Air Crash Investigation show comes next.
- I like to debate, question, discuss and define the “normal”.
Now, the next part is where I nominate 15 of my favorite bloggers for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. A lot many guys whom I follow do an awesome job on their blogs and have turned me into an avid reader to check on their posts quite regularly. I love to live, experience and read their written book, post by post. Now, I am sure many of these would have been nominated earlier, but they do an amazing job at inspiring me as well! While the list is endless, here are the nominations for my favorite 15 ones:
1. Different Doors
14. Gypsy Couple
15. i Share
The Very inspiring Blogger Award rules are as follows:
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations
If you like my posts,